INN8’s Legal Information
INN8’s ONLINE SECURITY FEATURES
With INN8’s online security features you can transact with confidence knowing that your accounts and your personal information are secure. Every time you log in or perform a transaction, our encrypted online platforms create a secure link to protect your data and information.
To help protect your online security, we would like to remind you of some key digital safety practices:
Primary safety measures
- Make sure your devices have the latest Internet browsers and security software installed
- When transacting online, the most secure option is to use your personal computer or mobile device. Shared or public devices pose a threat as they may have spyware installed that captures your credentials without your knowledge
Safe online transaction behaviours
- When transacting online, whether it is using the secure platform, your banking platform or a credit card for purchases, check that the URL you are using begins with ‘https’ and not ‘http’. The ‘https’ creates a secure encrypted connection to ensure your data is protected
- Always log out of your online profile, regardless of the device you used, as soon as you have completed your transaction
- Never share your personal or account information via email, SMS or telephone
- Never access our online platform via a link or attachment
- Keep your password strong and change it regularly
Safe digital communication
INN8’s email practices
Our emails to you will always be branded professionally and we will never:
- Greet you by your email address, or by using a term like “Hi Dear”
- Ask you to confirm personal or financial information in an email
- Ask you to enter your email address and password to open an electronic statement
- Require you to enter information other than your ID number to open password-protected attachments
Avoiding phishing scams
Phishing are scams used to trick you into unwittingly handing over personal information like passwords or account or identity numbers. Or, to convince you to install malware through a click in a communication.
Recognising phishing emails and SMSs
- They may look like they are from a company you know or trust, like a bank, a credit card company, a social networking site, or an online store
- These messages often provide plausible reasons to encourage you to click on a link or opening an attachment and list. For example, claiming there have been suspicious activity or log-in attempts on your account, or that there is a problem with your account or your payment information. They may also ask you to confirm personal information or include a fake invoice
- They are often full of warnings and potential consequences, with urgent deadlines to respond, or offer large financial rewards
- It is very likely that any email that contains poor grammar, punctuation or shows an illogical flow of content was written by inexperienced scammers and are fraudulent
INN8, STANLIB and Liberty would like to alert clients of loan scams from companies calling themselves “Liberty Financial Group, Liberty Loans, Stanlib Loans Services Providers Intl. and Stanlib Short-term investment program”. The scammers make fraudulent loan offers to clients using INN8, Liberty and STANLIB’s name and FSP number. Please note that these matters have been reported to SAPS and the Regulator. INN8, Liberty and STANLIB do not offer loans, we are long-term investment, insurance and platform providers. Should you receive any correspondence from the perpetrators regarding a loan offering, please report this to email@example.com.
What you can do to remain safe and secure
- Reply to any unsolicited emails, even if they claim to be from a company with which you are familiar
- Click on a link in an email that takes you to another website
- Enter your personal details either in the email or on the website
- Practice basic online safety measures as detailed above
- Transact safely via our secure investment platforms
If you receive a suspicious email or if you believe you may have accidentally clicked on a link in a phishing email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you have any questions, need support or information about safe online transacting or your investments, please contact us via email at hello@INN8.co.za.